To find a suitable partner for you requires collecting personal information to process and use. As a reputable dating service we at EliteSingles place a great emphasis on the responsible use and protection of your personal information against loss and unauthorized access. Therefore, we have established a comprehensive system of technical and organisational measures that help provide maximum personal information security:
· For example, all the personal information that you send to us after registration or Login (e.g. contact information, profile information, payment information when ordering a paid membership) is SSL-encrypted (Secure Socket Layer)
· Firewalls protect the information from unauthorised access
· Within EliteSingles, access to your information is granted only to a few selected and properly trained personnel and only in certain cases (see also point 2 personal information security and encryption in this document)
Since the contact with other EliteSingles users is always made via a private messaging system, at no point will your personal contact details such as email address or full name be transmitted. So only you can decide for yourself if and when you provide such information to your EliteSingles contacts. For this, we advise you to heed our guide to safe dating on the Internet.
Table of Contents
1. The Protection of your Personal Information at EliteSingles .
2. Personal Information Security and Protection.
3. Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Information at EliteSingles .
4. Consent and Right to Objection.
5. Your right of Access, Rectification, Cancellation.
7. Further Information.
1. The Protection of your Personal Information at EliteSingles
The website is operated by Affinitas GmbH, Kohlfurter Street 41/43, 10999 Berlin, Germany.
All personal information shall be processed in accordance with the following principles:-
1.1 We shall obtain your written permission for the collection, collation, processing or disclosure of any personal information unless being permitted or required to do so by law;
1.2 We shall not electronically request, collect, collate, process or storepersonal information on adata subject which is not necessary for the lawful purpose for which the personal information is required;
1.4 We shall not use the personal information for any other purpose than the disclosed purpose without the express written permission of the data subject, unless he or she is permitted or required to do so by law;
1.5 We shall for as long as the personal information is used and for a period of at least one year thereafter, keep a record of the personal information and the specific purpose for which the personal information was collected;
1.7 We shall, for as long as the personal information is used and for a period of at least one year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed and of the date on which and the purpose for which it was disclosed;
1.8 We shall delete or destroy all personal information which has become obsolete;
1.9 We may use that personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may freely trade with such profiles and statistical data, as long as the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked to any specificdata subject by a third party.
In the following we would like to explain in more detail how we ensure the protection of your personal information and what personal information will be used in what way if you decide to use ELITESINGLES.
If you have questions or concerns on this, our customer service is at your disposal at any time. You can reach our customer service at:
Affinitas GmbH- EliteSingles
- Customer Care -
Kohlfurter Street 41/43
10999 Berlin, Germany
Fax: +49 30 991 949 5 32
2. Personal Information Security and Protection
We use technological, organizational, and physical protection measures designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect. All information you submit at registration or login to us (e.g. contact information, profile information, payment information when ordering a paid membership) is encrypted. This encryption helps protect the confidentiality of personal information exchange between you and our web server, and helps to prevent misuse of personal information, e.g. by interception. The encryption technique we use is SSL (Secure Socket Layer). It is an accepted and widely used technology. In view of our personal information collection, technical precautions have been taken to store your personal information in a secure environment. Access to your information is limited to only a few selected employees and service providers and will be granted only for purposes of carrying out the purposes identified in this policy, quality control and review of complaints and for thwarting fraud. Personal information we collect is stored in Berlin.
Some or all of the personal information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the personal information that are equivalent to those that apply in South Africa.
We may record which services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept confidential and securely in accordance with our internal security policy.
3. Collection, Processing and use of Personal Information at EliteSingles
EliteSingles is a serious matchmaking service on the internet that brings people together who are looking for a long-lasting relationship via a scientifically-based matching method. To provide this service, we collect, process and use a range of personal information. In many cases, personal information is only used in pseudonym form or anonymously.
A more detailed description on this topic can be found below.
(a) Without Registration
When you visit the public pages of EliteSingles that are accessible without registration, we need and we collect no personal information from you. When you visit our website, we do not collect or store personal information, but may collect the following information regarding visitors to the website:
· IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the accessing computer
- The website from which you visit us (referrer)
- The sites that you visit from our website
- The date and time of your visit
- The type of browser settings
- Operating System
This information is used by us for statistical purposes without reference to individuals.
(b) With Registration
If you want to use the services of EliteSingles described in detail in the EliteSingles Terms and Conditions, we need some personal information from you in order to provide the desired service.
We only use the personal information that you actively provide us (e.g. contact information, information for the registration, profile information or photos). In many cases, you can decide what personal information you reveal about yourself in the context of profiling and / or search. Personal information that is strictly necessary for the provision of the contract is always marked separately as required (e.g. email address, telephone number, credit card information) so that you know what information you need to enter for the use of the service and what you can do without.
For more detailed information please see below. To learn more about the exact procedure and the method of matchmaking, please note our detailed information in the EliteSingles Help page.
(aa) With the free registration you will be prompted to provide the following
details without which a registration cannot be completed:
- Gender of the partner you are seeking
- E-mail address
Our personality test follows after registration. First, we ask for the following information to identify suitable partners:
- Postal code
- Date of birth
- Marital Status
During the personality test you will be asked to answer a series of personal questions (eg. partner preferences, personal characteristics and desired traits in a partner). Information such as ethnicity or religion is called sensitive personal data, which is subject to increased legal protection and protected by us with increased technological care. Without your consent, this information may not be divulged. We collect this data and other profile information (eg. interests and preferences), because they are the basis of our matching service and the basis of your ELITESINGLES profile. Direct contact information (eg. e-mail address, postal code) does not appear on the profile and is therefore not visible to other members.
(bb) If you purchase an EliteSingles Paid Membership, the following personal
information is collected during the payment process:
- First and Last Name
· Bank account details or credit card information, which are collected by our trusted third party services provider
- Home address
Your payment data is processed by our payment service provider Adyen GmbH, Hackescher Markt 4, 10178 Berlin, Germany ("Adyen"). To facilitate payment processing your payment information is stored and made available when making further orders of premium memberships. The payment data is available only after the initial payment is completed, and is shown shortened for your protection. Of course you can add new payment methods for checkout. For questions or concerns, and to enforce the Clause 5 rights listed, please call the number below Clause 5. The provided EliteSingles contact information.
(cc) To log in on EliteSingles you use your specified e-mail address and your
chosen password. During every visit to the EliteSingles service, utilisation information are forwarded by your Internet browser and stored in log files called Server Log Files. This information is:
· IP address (Internet Protocol address) of the accessing computer
- User ID on the EliteSingles platform
- Name of the page
- Date and time of access
· The referrer URL from which you came to the requested page
- Amount of personal information transferred
- Status indication whether download was successful
- Session Cookies
- Session identification number
These information will be evaluated anonymously by us for statistical purposes. We hereby notify you that we carry out statistical analysis on opening and viewing behaviour of our emails. This is done with the help of small graphics that are embedded in the messages (called pixels). If you do not wish to have your viewing behaviour analyzed, you can disable graphics by default in your email client. For more information, please see instructions offered in your email client, i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. Once images are deactivated, the messages are not displayed in full, and message functionality may be limited.
(dd) The use of personal information for the provision of the EliteSingles
The collection of personal information at EliteSingles is done principally with the aim of giving the customer a safe, smooth, efficient, and personal use of the EliteSingles service. The personal information is therefore used to provide the services requested and desired by the customer. However, they also serve to detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and for the enforcement of the Terms and Conditions and the contract.
In the following, the use of Personal Information is described in more detail:
· Other members can see your profile information and entries on the EliteSingles page. Premium members can also see the photos you upload on EliteSingles .
· Your profile - and thus your profile information and uploaded photos - is suggested to other members as part of our matching method. The matching can be switched off in your account. When switched off, your profile will not be suggested to any other members and at the same time you do not get any partner suggestions. Note that if you deactivate matching, other members will not be able to see your profile.
· Other members can see when you visit their profile page. Conversely, you can also see which members have visited your profile. This is an essential element of the contact between members. In general it is an important part of the services of social networking sites, and thus the service of EliteSingles . Therefore, this cannot be turned off via the user account.
· Other members can send you messages using the EliteSingles platform. However, at no point does EliteSingles give out your e-mail address. Messages are only sent through your EliteSingles mailbox. You can always "block" undesirables if you want to make it so they can no longer contact you.
· Email notifications: With your consent, EliteSingles may send various notifications to every registered user:
o In the context of customer relationship and customer service messages we will inform you if, for example, other members have visited your profile, you have been sent a message, been smiled at or if there are new members that fit your search criteria. You can always disable these service messages on your user account under message options.
o We may also send you EliteSingles information and special offers, such as tips and useful information about the partner search, surveys and special offers for your EliteSingles membership. You can disable the EliteSingles info and special offers messages with your user account under message options.
o Information messages pertaining to the service, such as the confirmation of customer service and information on the release of images and texts, and on the conclusion of a paid membership, in the form of contract documents, payment processing information.
o We would also like to inform you via e-mail about EliteSingles Partner offers and events. To protect you and EliteSingles from abuse, we introduce in this newsletter, the so-called "double opt-in" procedure, i.e. you only receive the newsletter, if you have ordered it by e-mail or in your user account and confirmed your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time by deactivating this either in the message options, or by following the unsubscribe process in the newsletter.
o If you change your message options, it can take up to 48 hours before it is active. Nevertheless, depending on the message options, the cancellation is still successful, and after this period you will receive no additional messages from us.
· EliteSingles sets a filter to protect users from unsolicited mail. For example, automatic filters prevent the sending of messages with certain pay numbers or certain inappropriate keywords.
· Identity Verification: Premium members can send a copy of their identity card by e-mail, fax or post, along with their additional security code to us. Our customer care then checks whether certain information (e.g. date of birth) coincide with the date of birth on the identity card displayed on the website. Upon successful identity verification, the profile is marked with a symbol. EliteSingles does not store the ID copies and destroys them after identity verification.
· "Like" feature: Under the photos and entries of other profiles there is a “Like" button that can be clicked. With the "Like" function, you can express that you like statements or pictures in the profile of another member with one click. As a consequence, the other member is notified. In your own profile you can see how many members like a particular text field or photo of you. You can also see which members have clicked "Like" on a certain profile element.
· “Message Read”: Premium members can use this function to detect whether their messages have been clicked on by the recipient. When a message is clicked by the recipient, the sender gets a message about the time it was accessed.
· Import photos from Facebook: If you have a user profile on Facebook, you can transfer photos from this profile to your EliteSingles profile. To do this you must click on the appropriately labeled button to connect to Facebook and log in there with your Facebook user personal information. After successful login a window will appear where all your Facebook user account pictures are stored. You can select up to 24 photos and import them into your EliteSingles profile.
· Personality Profile: In order to find suitable partners among other EliteSingles members, an individual personality profile is created for each EliteSingles member using the answers given in the EliteSingles personality test. You can find this personality profile in your profile as a separate menu item. It can be seen both by yourself, as well as by other members. It covers five major dimensions of your personality and, in addition, three related sub-dimensions ("facets"). Basic and Premium Members only see the results of the main dimensions.
For additional information about the expiration of the service in general, and answers to other questions about EliteSingles , see our detailed descriptions on the EliteSingles Help page.
(c) Personal Information Transfer to Third Parties
When we transmit personal information in the framework of the provision of the service to other members, this is only in connection with the user name you choose. Under no circumstances do we share with other members direct contact information (such as your name, your address, or your e-mail address). Communication at EliteSingles is exclusively done via your internal mailbox so that you can decide for yourself to whom you disclose your contact details. Some personal information that you specified when creating your EliteSingles profile are always visible to other registered users. These personal information include age, gender, height, ethnicity, religion, occupation, smoking habits and children. Please note that if you choose to include personal information in a public area of your profile, you consent to the public disclosure of the personal information you choose to place in the public portion of your profile. If you do not wish to publish your personal information in this manner, please do not include it in the public portion of your profile.
You can decide on the settings on your account, whether you want to continue to have your profile suggested to other members through our matching process.
Personal information will only be passed on to third parties if necessary to provide the service offered (e.g. payment processing for fee-based memberships), or if you have given us your consent or disclosure is required in accordance with relevant statutory provisions that are required or permitted (e.g. if we have to comply with a request, a governmental investigative or security agency).
In addition to internal EliteSingles checks, outsourced partners including Apollo Solutions Ltd., Informatics Park, La Tour Koenig, Pointe aux Sables and Mauritius ("Apollo Solutions") also check uploaded photos of EliteSingles members for authenticity to ensure a high quality of service and to protect our members from scammers.
EliteSingles use "cookies" to make your interaction with the platform individually identifiable and optimised. A cookie is a text file that is either stored temporarily in the computer's memory ("session cookies") or saved on the hard drive ("permanent cookie"). Cookies may contain Information about your previous requests to the appropriate server or information on what offers have been made so far. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. The main purpose of cookies is to provide a tailor-made offer and make the use of the Service as comfortable as possible.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that it rejects or requests you to confirm the acceptance of cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, however, this may have the consequence that not all of our offerings are available to you.
EliteSingles uses session cookies, partner and affiliate cookies and permanent cookies.
· Session Cookies: EliteSingles mostly uses "session cookies", which are not stored on your hard drive and are deleted when the browser is closed. Session cookies are used for login authentication and to balance the system load.
· Partner and Affiliate Cookies: EliteSingles use these cookies if you access our services via an external advertising space. These cookies are used to settle accounts with the cooperation partners and do not contain personal information from you.
· Permanent cookies: EliteSingles uses "permanent cookies" to save your personal use settings. This allows for personalisation and improves the EliteSingles service, because you are able to find your personal settings again on subsequent visits.
(e) Use of Analysis Programs and Remarketing
(f) Use of Google DoubleClick
(g) Use of Facebook Social Plugins
EliteSingles uses social plugins ("plugins") provided by the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). These plugins are identified by a Facebook logo. If you use a social plugin on an EliteSingles site, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. Facebook then transmits the plugin content to your browser, and then integrates it into the website.
Thereby Facebook obtains the information that you have accessed on the corresponding EliteSingles page. If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the EliteSingles visit to your Facebook account. If you interact with the Facebook plugins (e.g. press the "Like" button), the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser to Facebook and stored there. For the purpose and scope of personal information collection and the further processing and use of personal information by Facebook, and your rights in this respect and settings options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the privacy policies of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to collect personal information of this kind, we recommend that you log out before you visit EliteSingles on Facebook.
(h) Use of Google+ Social Plugins
EliteSingles uses the "+1" the social network Google Plus, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA button ("Google+").
When you visit a page of our website that contains a social plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of Google. The contents of the "+1" button is transmitted from Google directly to your browser which embeds the latter into the website.
We therefore have no impact on the amount of data collected with the Google+ button.
According to Google, no personal information is collected without clicking on the button. The IP address is only collected from members who are logged in.
Information on the purpose and scope of data collection, further processing and use of data by Google as well as your rights in this respect as well as settings options for protecting your privacy, can be accessed using the Google privacy policies. Click on the "+1" button and the corresponding FAQ (eg https: // support. google.com/plus/answer/1319578 refer).
If you do not want Google+ to collect data about you, we advise you to log out of Google+ before your EliteSingles visit.
(i) Use of Twitter Social Plugins
If you do not want Twitter to collect data about you, we advise you to log out of Twitter before your EliteSingles visit.
(j) Checking and Verification of Personal Information
In order to protect our customers from people who abuse the EliteSingles service, we analyse the platform and consider customer input for plausibility using various automated monitoring tools in addition to the internal monitoring done by our customer care agents. However, EliteSingles does not assume responsibility or a legal obligation in doing this. Also, certain character string or logins of different members, for example, those which originate from the same computer, can result in the blocking of suspicious activity.
EliteSingles reserves the right to enforce an automated filtering of messages. Here certain word lists and personally written texts are checked for their compliance with our terms and conditions. For example, pornographic or offensive words and texts are automatically matched with customers and blocked. We also try to protect our members from scammers by undertaking anti-scamming checks.
Should a suspicion of abuse of the EliteSingles service arise from these checks, the legal consequences for members are listed in the general Terms and Conditions. EliteSingles can also prevent the acceptance and delivery of incoming and outgoing messages, if there is high probability that it is a message containing any illegal and / or content in defiance to the terms and conditions. A notice of rejected or non-delivered messages is not carried out.
4. Consent and Right to Objection
If we use personal information for a purpose, which by provisions of law requires your consent, we will always ask for your explicit agreement and record your consent.
You can revoke your given consent at any time and/or object to future use of your personal information.
To revoke consent or make an objection a simple message to us is sufficient. For this you can contact our Privacy Officer at the following contact information:
Kohlfurter Street 41/43
Fax: +49 30 991 949 5 32
Please note that in case of an objection against the use of certain personal information we require to provide our services, it may be impossible to provide some or all of the services we offer on the EliteSingles platform. We are at your disposal for any questions about this.
5. Your Right of Access, Rectification, Cancellation
You have the right at any time to receive information about the personal information and settings we store for your account, and to ask these to be corrected or deleted.
In some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your personal information.
Your right to erase personal information may be limited by legal retention requirements that we need to consider. In addition, courts, law enforcement agencies or other authorities can demand by law to retrieve personal information or request information.
For information, correction or deletion requests please contact us with your name, your e-mail address and your user name at the following:
Kohlfurter Street 41/43
Fax: +49 30 991 949 5 32
Much of the information you can also see yourself directly and conveniently in your account and those that you see you can also change or delete yourself.
While all reasonable measures are taken to ensure the integrity and security of the information submitted on this website, this website cannot be held responsible under any circumstances for any incidental, consequential or indirect damages for loss or any other damage sustained my any user as a result of intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the owner or any third party.
Users are prohibited to provide their username and or password to any other person.
7. Further Information
Any Internet user should be aware that the information provided by them and published online can be accessed and saved worldwide by other Internet users. EliteSingles expressly points out to the user that the protection of personal information transmission in open networks like the Internet according to current technology can never be absolutely guaranteed. Therefore you always need to be aware that you are moving in a public space and please treat your private space responsibly.